Scott County Kids is an umbrella organization that provides for the physical and mental health of children from birth to 18 years of age. Because we combine resources from Early Childhood Iowa and Decategorization, we are able to better coordinate services and operate with the fiscal and programmatic power necessary to do our best work. Our organization has the capacity to accept donations and apply for federal, state and local grants. We use these resources to partner with contractors throughout our area and provide the best care to the youth, parents, and families we support.
Early Childhood Iowa
The mission of the Scott County Early Childhood Iowa Area is to coordinate and expand the community’s services to enable young children to be physically healthy, intellectually curious, emotionally sound and socially competent. Led by citizens, this public-private partnership provides a seamless continuum of services that help children strive to reach their full potential.
- Jennifer Kakert – Board Chair, Business
- Chris Castrey – Vice Chair, Juvenile Court Services
- Lauren Rupe – Secretary, Business, Parent
- Amy Huntington – Iowa Department of Human Services
- Linda Fredericksen – Health
- Kristine Oswald – Therapist
- Chuck Keibler – Grandparent, Retired
- Margie Mitchell – Grandparent, CASA/AMP
- Megan Heidgerken – Education
- Dwayne Hodges – Faith
Decategorization is designed to redirect child welfare and juvenile justice funding to services which are more preventive, family-centered, and community-based in order to reduce the use of restrictive approaches that rely on institutional, out-of-home, and out-of-community care.
Decategorization funds effective programming that will deter children and youth ages birth to 18 from entering the child welfare and/or juvenile justice system or provide a safe exit for children and youth already in either system by partnering with health, education and welfare resources for the betterment of children and families.
- Jeremy Kaiser – Board Chair, Youth Justice & Rehabilitation Center Director, Scott County
- Sheri Flack – Vice Chair, Juvenile Court Supervisor, Seventh Judicial District
- Amy Huntington – Community Liaison, Iowa Department of Health & Human Services
- Liam Healy– Social Work Administrator, Iowa Department of Health & Human Services
- Megan Christner – Supervisor, Iowa Department of Health & Human Services
- TJ Schneckloth – Superintendent, Davenport Community School District
- Brian Strusz – Superintendent, Pleasant Valley Community School District
- Dr. Michelle Morse – Superintendent, Bettendorf Community School District
- Joe Stutting – Superintendent, North Scott Community School District
- Lori Elam – Community Services Director, Scott County
- Amy Thoreson – Health Department Director, Scott County
- Vanessa Wierman – Assistant County Administrator, Scott County
- Scott Hobart – Chief Juvenile Court Officer, Seventh Judicial District
- Connie Murphy — Contract Administrator/Accountant, Seventh Judicial District
- Judge Cheryl Traum – Judge, Seventh Judicial District