Scott County Kids is an umbrella organization that provides for the physical and mental health of children from birth to 18 years of age. Because we combine resources from Early Childhood Iowa and Decategorization, we are able to better coordinate services and operate with the fiscal and programmatic power necessary to do our best work. Our organization has the capacity to accept donations and apply for federal, state and local grants. We use these resources to partner with contractors throughout our area and provide the best care to the youth, parents, and families we support.
Early Childhood Iowa
The mission of the Scott County Early Childhood Iowa Area is to coordinate and expand the community’s services to enable young children to be physically healthy, intellectually curious, emotionally sound and socially competent. Led by citizens, this public-private partnership provides a seamless continuum of services that help children strive to reach their full potential.
- Reverand Yolanda Kirk – Board Chair, Third Missionary Baptist Church
- Jennifer Kakert – Vice Chair, Child Health Specialty Clinic
- Scott Hobart – Secretary, Juvenile Court Services
- Amy Huntington – Iowa Department of Human Services
- Linda Greenlee -Business
- Linda Fredericksen – Health
- Jabari Woods – Education
- Judge John Mullen – Court System, Retired
- Chuck Keibler – Grandparent, Retired
- Margie Mitchell – Grandparent, CASA/AMP
- Lauren Rupe – Business, Parent
Decategorization is designed to redirect child welfare and juvenile justice funding to services which are more preventive, family-centered, and community-based in order to reduce the use of restrictive approaches that rely on institutional, out-of-home, and out-of-community care.
Decategorization funds effective programming that will deter children and youth ages birth to 18 from entering the child welfare and/or juvenile justice system or provide a safe exit for children and youth already in either system by partnering with health, education and welfare resources for the betterment of children and families.
- Mary Thee – Board Chair, Assistant Administrator, Scott County
- Lori Frick – Vice-Chair, Eastern Service Area Manager, Iowa Department of Human Services
- Amy Huntington – Community Liaison, Iowa Department of Human Services
- Liam Healy– Social Work Administrator, Iowa Department of Human Services
- Dr. Robert Kobylski – Superintendent, Davenport Schools
- Brian Strusz – Superintendent, Pleasant Valley Schools
- Michael Raso – Superintendent, Bettendorf Schools
- Joe Stutting – Superintendent, North Scott Schools
- Lori Elam – Community Services Director, Scott County
- Edward Rivers – Health Department Director, Scott County
- Scott Hobart – Chief Juvenile Court Officer, Seventh Judicial District
- Dave Tristan — Juvenile Court Officer, Seventh Judicial District
- Connie Murphy — Contract Administrator/Accountant, Seventh Judicial District
- Judge Cheryl Traum – Judge, Seventh Judicial District
- Judge Korie Shippee – Judge, Seventh Judicial District
- Judge Christine Dalton – Judge, Seventh Judicial District
- Jeremy Kaiser — Juvenile Detention Center, Seventh Judicial District