Scott County Kids is an umbrella organization that provides for the physical and mental health of children from birth to 18 years of age. Because we combine resources from Early Childhood Iowa and Decategorization, we are able to better coordinate services and operate with the fiscal and programmatic power necessary to do our best work. Our organization has the capacity to accept donations and apply for federal, state and local grants. We use these resources to partner with contractors throughout our area and provide the best care to the youth, parents, and families we support.
Early Childhood Iowa
The mission of the Scott County Early Childhood Iowa Area is to coordinate and expand the community’s services to enable young children to be physically healthy, intellectually curious, emotionally sound and socially competent. Led by citizens, this public-private partnership provides a seamless continuum of services that help children strive to reach their full potential.
- Marc Engels – Board Chair, Mel Foster Insurance, Parent
- Christine Skaala – Vice Chair,Child Health Specialty Clinic
- Sheri Flack – Secretary, Parent
- Mary Drees – Department of Human Services
- Reverend Yolanda Kirk – Third Missionary Baptist Church
- Richard Clewell – Davenport School Board
- Representative Cindy Winckler – Iowa Legislature
- Linda Greenlee -Business
- Carolyn Scheibe – Business, Grandparent
- Linda Wessel – Health
- Robert Horton – Parent
- Ken Krumwiede – Early Education
Decategorization is designed to redirect child welfare and juvenile justice funding to services which are more preventive, family centered,and community-based in order to reduce use of restrictive approaches that rely on institutional, out-of-home, and out-of-community care.
Decategorization funds effective programming that will deter children and youth ages birth to 18 from entering the child welfare and/or juvenile justice system or provide a safe exit for children and youth already in either system by partnering with health, education and welfare resources for the betterment of children and families.
- Mary Thee – Board Chair, Assistant Administrator, Scott County
- Lori Frick – Vice Chair, Eastern Service Area Manager, Iowa Department of Human Services
- Mary Drees – Community Liaison, Iowa Department of Human Services
- Liam Healy– Social Work Administrator, Iowa Department of Human Services
- Dr. Arthur Tate – Superintendent, Davenport Schools
- Dr. James Spelhaug – Superintendent, Pleasant Valley Schools
- Dr. Theron Schutte – Superintendent, Bettendorf Schools
- Joe Stutting – Superintendent, North Scott Schools
- Lori Elam – Community Services Director, Scott County
- Edward Rivers – Health Department Director, Scott County
- Scott Hobart – Chief Juvenile Court Officer, Seventh Judicial District
- Dave Tristan — Juvenile Court Officer, Seventh Judicial District
- Connie Murphy — Contract Administrator/Accountant, Seventh Judicial District
- Judge Christine Dalton – Judge, Seventh Judicial District
- Judge Mark Fowler – Judge, Seventh Judicial District
- Judge Cheryl Traum – Judge, Seventh Judicial District